CHUNKY BRAZIL NUT BROWNIES
- 3/4 CUP (1 1/2 STICKS) UNSALTED BUTTER, MELTED
- 1 CUP COCOA POWDER
- 1/4 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP FIRMLY PACKED DARK BROWN SUGAR
- 2 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/4 CUP FLOUR
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
- 1 CUP SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 1 CUP CHOPPED WHITE CHOCOLATE
- 1 CUP CHOPPED PLANTERS BRAZIL NUTS (TOASTED OPTIONAL)
- 20 SOFT CARAMEL SQUARES (5-6 OUNCES)
Heat the oven to 350°F. Butter a baking pan, line it with aluminum foil and butter the foil.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and cocoa until smooth. With an electric mixer on medium speed beat in the white and brown sugars until combined. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract until combined.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips, white chocolate pieces and nuts. Do not overbeat. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
In a bowl covered with plastic wrap, melt the caramels with 2 tablespoons water on medium in a microwave, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until melted. Drizzle the melted caramel over the batter in the pan and use a knife to swirl it in gently. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until edges are set. Remove the pan to a wire rack and cool completely in the pan.