The Planters Canada Movie Nut Marathon Contest (the “Contest”) is hosted by Johnvince Foods Canada (JVF). No purchase is necessary.
1. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The Contest is open to Canadians over the age of majority in their province of residence or the legal guardian of a child under the age of majority. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, agents or representatives of JVF, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and dealers, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and persons domiciled with or the immediate family members of any of the foregoing. Volunteers associated with affiliates (e.g. JVF) are eligible to enter. Anyone who attempts to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible.
2. To enter: The submission stage of the Contest begins September 24, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) (the “Contest Starting Date”) and ends on December 31, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (the “Contest Closing Date”). To enter, entrants can complete the contest entry form at ca/movies. Entries must contain all of the following elements to be considered a valid entry.
a) Complete the contest entry form at planterspeanuts.ca/movies
b) Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
c) Be over the age of majority or the legal guardian of a child under the age of majority
d) Not be an employee of or living with an employee of JVF, their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or representatives or a member of an employee’s immediate family. Members of the immediate family of an employee not eligible to receive a prize include the employee’s parents, children and siblings. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to accept and abide by the Contest Rules. All decisions of JVF with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding for all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
3. Winner selection: A total of (1) winners will be selected via random draw on January 10, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. EST. Each entrant will be asked to answer a skill testing question in order to be verified as an official winner. Winner will be notified via email immediately after the drawing verification. The odds of being selected depend on the total number of entries/registrations received by the Contest Closing Date. All entries made over the course of the contest period will be considered.
4. The Winners of the Home Theatre System (the “Winning Entry”) will be posted on Planters Canada Facebook page, Twitter page and Instagram page. By entering this contest, Winners grant JVF the right to use their name/likeness in this capacity.
5. Prizing: Each entry (registration) submitted during the contest period will be entered for the chance to win a home theater system (TV & sound system). Exact contents of the Prize Pack will be determined by JVF in its sole discretion. Any and all expenses related to the use of any of the prizes will be the sole responsibility of each winner.
6. Limitation of Liability: By entering the Contest, each entrant releases, indemnifies and holds harmless JVF, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any agents involved in the development, production or handling, implementation and distribution of this Contest, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, officers, employees and other person/entity associated with the Contest (the “Contest Entities”) from any and all liability for losses/injuries/expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death) resulting from or relating to participation in the Contest.
7. Only one (1) entrant’s name may appear within the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
8. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of delivery. Online entries must be made by the original, manual keystrokes of individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. JVF assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, delayed, or destroyed Contest entry (registration) or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with the entrants and any individuals requesting a copy of the Contest Rules by mail (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included. Requests must be sent to Planters Canada c/o Next Level Thinking Inc.). Entrants can request a copy of the Contest Rules until January 10, 2022. JVF does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. JVF reserves the right, to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend this Contest or the Contest Rules in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason, in the opinion of JVF in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, JVF reserves the right, to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, including cancelling any method of entry, and select winners from previously received eligible entries. JVF reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. JVF, in their sole discretion, further reserve the right to terminate the Contest and declare a winner from among the eligible Entries (registrations) received before the Contest Closing Date. Any attempts to deliberately damage planterspeanuts.ca/movies (“Contest Website”) or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made JVF reserves their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. JVF shall not be held responsible for any errors, negligence, injury, loss or damage that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest, including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or other property or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest Website or JVF Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter posts “Social Media Channels”, where applicable.
9. Jurisdiction: The Contest and the Contest Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.